Grade 6 - Language Arts Interactive Notebook

Sixth grade Language Arts is a bit of a departure from my usual style of writing our Interactive Notebook plans. I was unable to find a standard reference spine that covered everything I wanted to, in an age-appropriate writing style. So I took what I needed from various sources and wrote introductions to each topic myself. This plan took, by far, the most time for me to put together. We're very happy with it, though!

Materials needed for a complete year of Language Arts:

Carson Dellosa Interactive Notebooks Language Arts Grade 6 (Amazon)
Time for Kids: Grammar Rules
Brainpop.com subscription
A blank, spiral-bound notebook

Optional: Novel Projects (these are our literature tie-ins)

Samples from our notebooks:


I write sixth grade curriculum plans with independence in mind. This means that the plans are written to the student. They should be able to complete all of their work with little guidance from their parent/teacher.

Find the full year of English / Language Arts HERE.

Popular Posts